Keen to know about the enchilada calories? Then take a look through this article to know the exact nutrition values.
Enchilada, I am sure you must have had these many-a-times, if you are a thorough Mexican cuisine lover. The history of enchiladas says that they have been originated from the Papadzules (papak-tsuls) which is a popular Mayan dish and went on to become one of the popular cuisines of all times. However, I am sure you would never have thought over the calories in enchilada! Have you? These are definitely healthy to consume however, a little info on the calorie intake would surely prove to be useful. Also, if you have been more of health conscious these days and are keeping an account on the calorie intake, then here is more on the enchilada calories. Go through the table for managing the diet accordingly.
Enchilada Calorie Count
Enchiladas have always been used as a base for different stuffing; be it beef, chicken, fish, vegetables or salads, precisely all sorts to fill up your stomach. It is clearly expected that the calories in enchiladas mainly depend on the fillings inside it. So let’s see the table below to understand more. Beef enchiladas account for the highest calories whereas the enchilada sauce has the least.
|Nutrition||Values for Chicken Enchiladas (serving size = 1 enchilada)||Values for Beef Enchiladas (serving size = 1 enchilada)||Values for Cheese Enchiladas (serving size = 1 enchilada)||Values for Spinach Enchiladas (serving size = 1 enchilada)||Values for Enchiladas Sauce (serving size = 61 grams)|
|Total Fat||3.0 grams||18.0 grams||16.0 grams||2.0 grams||0.5 grams|
|Saturated Fat||6.0 grams||7.0 grams||9.0 grams||~||~|
|Calories from Fats||117||162||144||18||5|
|Cholesterol||35 milligrams||46 milligrams||39 milligrams||~||~|
|Proteins||8.0 grams||16.0 grams||11.0 grams||5.0 grams||1.0 grams|
|Sodium||783 milligrams||596 milligrams||565 milligrams||115 milligrams||410 milligrams|
|Total carbohydrates||9.0 grams||4.0 grams||5.0 grams||14.0 grams||3.0 grams|
|Sugars||3.0 grams||~||1.0 grams||~||1.0 grams|
|Dietary Fibers||1.0 grams||1.0 grams||1.0 grams||~||1.0 grams|
|Total Calories||210 chicken enchilada calories||263 beef enchilada calories||232 cheese enchilada calories||104 spinach enchilada calories||20 enchilada sauce calories|
Enchilada Nutrition Info
Inclusion of enchiladas in the diet; mainly as an appetizer or snacks, is excellent for healthy being. The best part is, you can make the filling of your choice and enjoy this Mexican food. Let’s see the possible health benefits.
- The most common fillings in these tortilla wraps are the animal protein stuffing of mainly all the meat products; either grilled or roasted or cooked. Now, if animal protein is your staple food, then enchilada would be the best option to include in the diet. These proteins help preserve muscle mass and necessarily help weight loss if one is on a diet.
- If you check the table, you will realize that all the enchilada fillings are high on sodium. Sodium is an important mineral which helps maintaining the body fluid balance facilitating influx of nutrients. So people who are deficits, weak and anorexic can include enchilada in their diets.
How to Make Enchilada Recipes
Now that you know the calories in enchilada and the nutrition facts of the same, let’s see how to make enchiladas. You would need to buy the ingredients before hand; prepare the fillings, corn tortillas.
- Now, make the stuffing of your choice and the enchilada sauce as well.
- Fry the corn tortillas in oil and then dip them in the sauce. (alternatively do not fry)
- Later, fill them with the stuffing and make a roll out of each.
- Keep them in baking dish and sprinkle cheese on the top. Bake them in the oven until cheese melts. Your tasty enchilada recipe is ready to eat!
- See the tortilla recipes to guide you.
This was some useful info on enchilada calories. Now you know much more of what enchiladas are and how to include them in the diet. Try out some enchilada recipes and enjoy this Mexican dish. Eat healthy!